Why Does a Caucasian Dollhouse Cost Nearly 70% More Than an African-American Dollhouse?
Our friends from Amazong and Fisher Price must not have a good sense of humanity… Check this out:
I have a few thoughts:
1. Amazon may not even be aware of this discrepancy.
2. Perhaps Amazon had bought from Fisher-Price a certain number of Caucasian dollhouses and offered them at the same price as the African-American dollhouses but the supply ran out, with the order now deferring to a more expensive third party.
3. If Amazon isn’t aware and becomes so — or if an outcry were to arise — it may well step in to strike down the unequal pricing. I would also imagine Fisher-Price would have something to say.
4. There is evidence that white and black children both prefer white dolls. So, the controversial element notwithstanding, are we simply seeing a demand-and-price story here?
5. I can easily see this scenario prompting a lawsuit, from someone, if only for show.